Taking roofing to new heights…
Roofing, Repairs and Roof Replacement Sydney
Metal & Tile Roofing, Repairs, and Roof Replacement Sydney, Wollongong & Sutherland Shire
A roof is one of the most important structures of your property, for a number of reasons. A good roof should not only be stylish and sturdy, but also completely weatherproof (generally handy when it rains…) and durable enough to stay strong through the harsh Australian weather of ours.
Whether you need repairs or even a full roof replacement as part of a larger building project, get in touch with the experts at Hyspec, and we can take care of everything for you.
We choose the best materials to use for your particular property (metal or tiling), and our team carry out all the necessary installations with the utmost care and perfectionism. We also work to strict deadlines, and we ensure your life can get back to normal as quickly as possible, with minimal disruption.
Get in touch for your free, speedy quote for repairs or roof replacement Sydney, Wollongong & Sutherland Shire today:
Our Roofing Services Include:
Roof Repairs Sydney
Roof Replacement Sydney
New Tile Roofing
New Metal Roofing
Guttering & Downpipes
Leak Unvestigation & Repair
… And More!
Get Your Free Quote:
Custom Metal Roofing – New and Roof Replacement Sydney
There’s nothing like a fresh new roof to lift the whole appearance of your home, and metal is an ideal option if you want something cost effective, stylish, durable, and slick for your home.
Metal roofs have a number of benefits over older style terracotta or clay tiled roofs, including:
- Longer life expectancy and durability
- Does not corrode or crack over time like tiles
- Can withstand stronger winds and storms
- Fire and hail resistant
- Huge colour selection
- More fade-resistant, especially in strong Australian sun
- Provides better insulation
- Lower maintenance
Think that just because your house is a little older that it’s not suitable for a metal roof? Think again – we’ve installed metal roofs right across Sydney, Wollongong & the Sutherland Shire, on everything from modern town houses and apartments, to bungalows built in the 1920’s. There’s no house that a metal roof can’t look good on with the right design, colour and installation.
Roof Repairs and Maintenance
Sometimes here in Australia, the weather can be unpredictable. Storms can often get extreme, and wind, rain and falling trees and branches can wreak havoc on your roof, leaving you with leaky spots, broken guttering, or just an eyesore of a roof which severely impacts the look of your entire home.
If your roof has been damaged by a storm, or has been leaking for a while due to age, wear and tear, don’t delay in getting it repaired. Generally the longer you leave it, the harder and more expensive it can be to fix!
Hyspec Constructions & Roofing are the experts in roof repairs and roof replacement Sydney, Wollongong and the Sutherland Shire. We come out to your property as quickly as possible, inspect what exactly needs to be repaired, and get it fixed up for you quickly, easily, and in the most cost effective way.
And remember, all of our roof repairs are durable and reliable, backed with a quality guarantee, so you shouldn’t have to call us again any time soon.
New Roofs – Sutherland Shire Roofing Services
Upgrade Your Home With A New Roof
Hyspec Roofing are the experts in all things roofing. We are skilled Sydney roofers with more than 20 years in the industry. We are also professional roof tilers who take pride in our work. There are many advantages for re-roofing your home.
New Roof Benefits
Installing a new roof can have many benefits, whether you are building a new home or restoring an exisiting building. As a matter of fact, installing a new roof can result in a high return on investment as it will increase the overall property value of your home.
Besides the fact that new roofs look great, they provide insulation properties and leak protection. This means that you will save money on your energy bills by reducing heating expenses. In addition to this, building a new roof also gives you the peace of mind that you’ve got a sturdy roof above you head so that no matter the storm, you and your family will be as safe as possible.
New Roofing Options: Tiled or Metal Sheet?
Whether we’re building a new roof for a contemporary home or for an industrial warehouse, no job is too big or too small for Hyspec Constructions.
We create tailored roofing solutions for all of our new roof installations. Our Sutherland Shire Roof Tilers consider which of the top-quality materials at our disposal would best suit your specific project.
Choosing a Terracotta or Concrete Tiled Roof can offer many benefits including:
Affordability – Roof tiles are one of the most affordable roofing options.
Fire Resistance – Roof tiles are non combustible and are ideal for bushfire prone areas.
Reduced Cooling Requirements – Roof tiles have a lower cooling requirement than other roofing options.
Strength – Roof tiles must comply with strict Australian standards in strength. Testing shows that terracotta roof tiles are actually stronger than concrete roof tiles.
Low Embodied Energy – Testing shows that roof tiles have a lower embodied energy compared to metal roofing.
Ideal for Coastal Areas – Roof tiles are ideal for use in coastal areas as they are impervious to rust and corrosion. Unlike metal roofs, roof tiles don’t require a higher graded material for coastal homes.
At Hyspec Constructions, we are also Metal Roofing experts. We’ve put up hundreds of new metal roofs in the Sutherland Shire and Sydney area!
There are a few key benefits for choosing a metal roof including:
Lightweight – metal roof sheets can be placed over exisiting asphalt shingle roofs. Also in some instances metal roofing can be installed directly over these existing roofs which saves you the cost of roof removal and disposal.
Extremely Durable – With proper care and maintenance metal roofs can last for more than 50 years! Metal roofs are nearly bullet proof and can resist rust, rot and insects. If you have had problems with impact damage in the past such as hailstones or tree branches then you should consider switching to a metal roof.
Stylish – Metal roofs have evolved leaps and bounds in the past 40 years. The most common option is standing-seam metal roofing, but the choice is up to you. There are some metal roof styles that even mimic other roofing materials like slate, clay tiles and wood shakes; you can enjoy the benefits of metal roofing while remaining faithful to your home’s architectural style.
Low-Maintenance – Metal roofs require much less maintenance compared with other roofing options.
It’s Environmentally Friendly – New metal roofing typically contains more than 50% recycled content while discarded metal roofing is 100% recyclable, including fasteners! This is great news for environmentally conscious people that want to reduce landfill waste.
We get asked all the time, “What are the main steps involved in building a new roof?”
At Hyspec Constructions, we use a tried and tested method to ensure that every roof we build is solid.
As is to be expected, depending on the size of the new roof will impact how long it takes to build. Also factors like materials, type of roof shape and of course weather conditions can play a crucial factor. However, the 10 steps to building a new roof include:
1. Inspect Roof – The existing roof timbers are inspected to ensure the battens are sound. This is a fundamental step that all roofing professionals take to ensuring that the new roof will be easily supported.
2. Safety Measures – Before commencing any work, we ensure all of the correct roofing protection methods are implemented such as roofing harnesses and sometimes even guard rails on larger commercial projects.
3. Remove Old Roof – Break apart the old roof tiles or remove the exisiting metal roof sheets. This step involves the removal of all old roofing materials.
4. Install Sarking – The sarking is carefully unrolled across the roof. This acts as a protective layer between the wooden timber and your new roof tiles.
5. Install New Battens – New battens are nailed to the rafters with a high pressure nail gun. This ensures they remain sturdy and in their correct place.
6. Load Up New Tiles – Now for the heavy lifting! We have to lift either the new tiles or new metal roofing sheets up onto the roof using an elevator belt or crane for larger commercial projects.
7. Start Laying New Tiles/Metal Sheets – Tiles are laid sequentially up the roof from the gutter line. *This process is a little different for Metal Sheets.*
8. Hip & Ridge Tiles Installed – All hip and ridge lines are covered with ridge fittings. *This process is a little different for Metal Sheets.*
9. Pointing – Pointing covers the mortar in a colour that matches the roof tile.*This process is a little different for Metal Sheets.*
10. Finish Project – We thoroughly inspect all aspects of the new roof, remove all safety precautions that have been in play, clean the site of any remaining materials and then formally brief you on the projects completion.
Why Choose Hyspec Constructions and Roofing?
At Hyspec Constructions and Roofing, we offer all the latest roofing styles, design choices and modern elements that you could imagine! This includes roof insulation, guttering, downpipes, new ventilation systems and more.
If you have any new roofing questions or would like some guidance about your re-roofing options in the Sutherland Shire or Sydney, give us a call! We’ll be happy to help you with technical guidance and advice, solving your roof maintenance and installation problems.
We will also provide you with:
• A Great Quote For Your Re-Roofing Job
• A Thorough Inspection of Your Roof
• Quality Workmanship Completed to Strict Industry Standards
• Award-winning Roofing Materials and Services
Lets Talk Today About Your New Roof!
At Hypsec Constructions & Roofing we provide a full spectrum of services for roofing in the Sutherland Shire and greater Sydney region. To speak to our roofing experts, send us an email using the contact form on our contact page! We can contact you at a convenient time and will always be happy to assist and provide any services or advice you need.
Roof Restoration –
Roof restoration is one of our most popular roofing options. This is largely due to the fact that it is a lower cost to restore a roof rather than a full replacement. Our roofing restoration service includes a wide range of colours to help suit your home and give it a completely new look overnight.
As specialist roofers based in the Sutherland Shire, we can restore your roof in just a week (or less)!
What Does A Roof Restoration Cost?
At Hyspec Constructions we are competitively priced. As every roof is different, the cost of roof restoration depends primarily on the size and condition of the roof. One of our Sutherland Shire roofing experts will first do a free inspection of your roof. Then they will give you a simple and easy to understand run down of your options and provide you with a competitive quote.
Roof Restoration Benefits:
As you can imagine, roofs get worn down and damaged over time as they’re constantly exposed to debris and harsh weather conditions.
Some core benefits of restoring your roof are:
• Enhancing the look of your home
• Increase your homes value
• Stop potential water damage
• Protect your family
The Roof Restoration Process:
1. Inspect Roof – Firstly we check the roof surface for oxidisation levels and broken tiles.
2. Repair Roof – Secondly we replace any broken tiles and ensure the roof is in mint condition
3. High Pressure Clean – This is a fundamental part of a roof restoration. The high pressure clean removes any oxidisation from your roofs surface, preventing any paint from peeling and also allowing the primer and sealers to set properly.
4. Re-pointing and Re-bedding the Ridge and/Gables – Once we’ve thoroughly cleaned the roof, use a C3 rated flexi point to re- point all ridge and gables in some cases if the mortar is badly deteriorated we will have to rebed the ridge. If the ridge has to be rebed, we remove the tile or ridge clean out the old mortar and set the ridge or tile with a bedding cement mix and then we will continue with the pointing process.
5. The Application of the Primer/Sealer – Depending on your roofs material we use primer to ensure that the paint bonds with the roof correctly for years to come.
6. Masking Hand Painting – If your roof has exposed cladding or solar panels we then mask or hand painted them to ensure that no over spray is caused.
7. Paint Application – At Hyspec we pride ourselves on quality. In the painting stage we apply 2 coats using an airless spray gun to ensure an nice even coating. Also in some cases we use a Nutech tile flex paint that insures a premium finish.
We Take Pride in Our Roof Restorations
As customer satisfaction is important to use, we always ensure that we deliver our clients a high quality standard on any project big or small. Our Sydney and Sutherland Shire Roofers are professionals, not just unskilled tradespeople. You can trust in the quality of our workmanship and our ability to choose the best restoration options for your home or business.
We Service All Areas of Sydney!
With years of roofing experience, we’ve worked in just about every part of Sydney! Don’t forget, your roof is the last line of defence against the harsh Sydney elements! Don’t take chances by employing second rate roofing contractors. To get the best roof restoration, you need to hire passionate roofers who care about delivering an amazing finished roof.
At Hyspec Constructions we have close working relationships with Australian painting manufacturers. This enables us to offer any shade of colour you desire, at an extremely competitive price. We can guarantee the finish and the workmanship of your roof and its paint.
Roof Restoration Completion Time & Affordability
Many people assume that a roof restoration project can take weeks or even months! However this is a massive over estimation. Our standard duration for a two storey roof restoration project is 3-6 days. This of course depends on the different variables such as the weather and availability of materials. To help the restoration run smoothly we provide great preparation to ensure interruption to daily life is minimal.
Roof Repairs – Sutherland Shire & Sydney
At Hyspec Constructions and Roofing we have more than 15 years in the roofing industry. We are passionate roofers who know their way around the top of any building. Hyspec Construction and Roofing operates throughout the Sutherland Shire and greater Sydney region.
Roof Repair Services We Provide:
- Roof Leaks
- Valley replacement
- Broken tile replacement
- Facia cover
- Barge cover
- Gutter replacement
- Lead replacement
- Chimney removal
- Roof Repairs and Extensions
- Roof Cleaning
- Leaf Guard
- Roof Spraying
Avoid severe damage to your home by keeping your roof maintained, and not waiting for the next big storm to hit.
At Hyspec Constructions and Roofing we know what signs to look for to easily detect any roofing issue. It may be detecting a water leak, from storm damage or broken tiles. This can quickly affecting how your home looks and potentially lead to larger problems. If you have a metal roof we can replace rusty sheets, loose nails or screws.
Depending on the condition of your roof we can repair minor and major leaks, replace valleys and flashing, and even do a complete rebedding of your ridge caps.
If you have any doubt about what type of roof repair you need, a no-obligation inspection can be provided by one of our roofing experts to give you peace of mind. We have been repairing Sutherland Shire roofs for over 10 years so its safe to say that we’ve seen it all!
Each roof is different and will require varying degrees of repair work or maintenance. Depending on your specific roofing issues we will usually recommend a complete Sutherland Shire roof repair. We pride ourselves on our honesty and commitment to quality. It doesn’t matter if your roof requires only minor repairs or major repairs, we will be happy to help and will provide you with competitive quote.
Hyspec Constructions has specialists for the following types of roof you have:
- Metal, including Colorbond Roofing
As experienced Sutherland Shire Roofers, we commonly get asked “what are the main types of roofing repair work that you get asked to do?”
We’ll we do everything from residential to commercial roof repairs so the list is large! But some of the most common repair types include:
Gutter Repairs – Older gutters are sometimes a simple fix as they just needing to be re-attached to the fascia board or realigned to improve water flow direction. When we repair your roof guttering, to prevent any leaks we will reseal and then burn out any penetrations to stop leaks.
Pulled and Cracked Tiles – Roof tiles are directly exposed to the worst weather conditions Sydney has to offer, from searing 35 degree heatwaves to windy and torrential rains in the winter. Tiny cracks can quickly develop into a large hole which allows water to enter your ceiling.
Pipe and Gutter Clogs – Maintaining and cleaning your gutters can help you avoid having to pay out thousands for major roof repairs. The danger of gutter clogging is that it allows water to pool on your roof which can cause serious damage to your roof and ceiling.
Water Damaged Roofs – We always recommend getting your roof checked by a roofing expert annually to prevent it from seriously deteriorating.
Nip the problem in the bud early! Restoring a water damaged ceiling can cost a fortune so save yourself the money and the stress by having it regularly checked by members of the Hyspec Constructions and Roofing team.